Audit Policies
An overview of audit policies for Northeastern University students by level.
Class Section Updates
Request to change a classroom or add a NUpath attribute to a class section.
Co-op Registration
Information regarding co-op registration for Northeastern students.
Cross-Level Registration
Instructions for students requesting to take a class at a different level at the university.
Information regarding the Cross-Registration Agreement between Northeastern and four Boston-area institutions.
Individual Instruction Registration
Directed study courses are available for non-CPS undergraduate and graduate students at Northeastern.
Late Course Registration
Students must complete a Late Course Registration request via myNortheastern to register for a class after the online add period has passed.
Marine Studies Consortium
Registration procedures for non-Northeastern students participating in Marine Studies Consortium classes taught at Northeastern.
Nanomedicine Academy Registration
Registration procedures for non-NU students auditing Nanomedicine Academy courses at Northeastern.
NEC/NU Joint Certificate Programs in Music Performance
Registration procedures for the New England Conservatory/Northeastern University Joint Certificate Programs in Music Performance.
Nonmatriculated Registration (Special Students)
Students outside of Northeastern University and Northeastern employees may take a class as a special/non-degree-seeking student.
Pass/Fail Grading System
Students can petition to take a course pass/fail instead of receiving a letter grade in the course.
The Learning Link Program
Local residents ages 55 and older have the opportunity to audit classes at Northeastern through the the Learning Link program.
Visiting Student Research Registration
Registration forms for visiting students that need to be registered for research.
Banner Student Access Request
Required form for faculty and staff to obtain Banner Student Advisor access.
Common Application College Report Instructions
The Common Application (informally known as the Common App) is an undergraduate college admission application that applicants use to apply to colleges and universities.
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
FERPA is a federal law that governs and protects your rights to your individual educational records.
Incomplete Grades
Students who receive an Incomplete (I) grade in a course should complete an Incomplete-Grade Contract with the instructor.
Leaves of Absence
Directions for students requesting to take a leave of absence from the university.
The Office of the Registrar will notarize documents upon request from students, faculty, staff, and alumni on a walk-basis.
Requesting Student Data
The Office of the University Registrar provides data to faculty and staff primarily for internal education needs.
Student Enrollment and Degree Verification
Verify that a student is currently enrolled in the university and is registered into classes for the starting term.
Transcript Requests
Transcript-processing time is usually three to five business days and will not be processed for students with financial holds.
Transfer Credit
Policies and practices regarding transfer credits from outside institutions.
University Withdrawal
Students wishing to withdraw from the university should do so via myNortheastern.
Updating Personal Information
Make changes to a student's name, social security number, citizenship, or address.