The Individual Instruction Registration request has replaced the Undergraduate Directed Study Registration Form, the Graduate Directed Study Registration Form, and the Graduate Registration Form for Nonscheduled Classes.
Undergraduate (non-CPS) and Graduate (non-CPS) students may request to take an individually instructed course during their studies at Northeastern. Students should consult with their academic advisor or student service office before submitting an Individual Instruction Registration request.
Students can access the Individual Instruction Registration request via myNortheastern (under Registrar Forms).
Undergraduate students may register for an individually instructed course if it is approved by their academic advisor and fits one of the following criteria:
- Gap in curriculum
- Required in curriculum
Students must submit an Individual Instruction Registration request via myNortheastern to register for an individually instructed course. Individual instruction requests are due by the last day to drop a course without a W grade for a term.
Courses available for individual instruction:
|Course Number*||Course Name||Credits||Notes|
|4996||Experiential Education Directed Study||4|
|4970||JR/SR Honors Project 1||4||Requires honors attribute|
|4971||JR/SR Honors Project 2||4||Requires honors attribute|
* Course numbers are not available for all subject codes. Please refer to the Academic Catalog to ensure your requested subject/course combination is an option.
Students may also take the exact curriculum of an existing course as an individually instructed course if the class is not offered and is required for degree completion. This intent should be indicated on the Individual Instruction Registration request.
NUpath: To request the addition of one or more NUpath attributes to this class section, please use the Class Section NUpath Form.
Graduate students (non-CPS) who would like to register for any of the following (that are not listed in the class schedule) must submit an Individual Instruction Registration request via myNortheastern:
- Directed study course
Students in the following colleges must also submit additional information as a part of the Individual Instruction Registration request:
- College of Arts, Media and Design—Directed Study and Readings Contract
- D’Amore-McKim School of Business—Graduate Business Programs Directed Study Application
- Bouvé College of Health Sciences—Bouvé College of Health Sciences/Graduate School Directed Study Form
- College of Science—Directed Study and Readings Contract
- College of Social Sciences and Humanities—Directed Study and Readings Contract
CPS graduate students should contact the College of Professional Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.