Students can update personal information on their Northeastern University record by following the appropriate instructions below.

Students should submit the Student Name or Social Security Number Update Form to the Office of the Registrar with all required documentation.

If you require an updated Husky Card, please wait 24 hours after your name has been updated by the Office of the Registrar to contact Husky Card Services in 4 Speare Commons.

If you would like your myNortheastern username or Northeastern email address updated, please wait 24 hours before contacting the Help Desk at 617.373.4357 or after your name has been updated by the Office of the Registrar.

Students who identify as transgender or as gender-nonconforming may not want their legal names or gender to be used.

Northeastern University supports the use of a requested first and middle name, as well as the changing of the gender marker that would appear publicly in most university systems, while the legal name remains on record with the Office of the Registrar for its internal records.

To start the process of changing your name and/or gender marker, fill out the designated form completely and email it to from your Husky email address.

You must use your email in order to verify your identity.

Students can update their address(es) via myNortheastern.




Complete this form if you would like to change your name on your graduation application and diploma.

U.S. Visa Students

Students with a U.S. visa who would like to request a change in status should contact the Office of Global Services at Northeastern.

Students with U.S. permanent residency status who would like to request a change in citizenship on their student record should email with their NUID number and a legible copy/scan of either their U.S. passport or their naturalization certificate. The Office of the Registrar will update the citizenship on the student’s record upon receipt of acceptable documentation.