Documents may be notarized on a walk-basis for students, faculty, staff, and alumni based on the availability of the notary.
The Office of the Registrar will notarize the following documents in preparation for the Apostille stamp:
You must bring in or mail your diploma to the Office of the Registrar. If your original copy has been lost or destroyed, you can request a replacement diploma for a fee.
To request official transcripts to be notarized, please complete the Notarization Request/Release Form and upload as an attachment when making your transcript request.
Note: This service is not available for electronic transcript requests.
To request that an enrollment or degree verification be notarized, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and NUID number, along with a Notarization Request/Release Form.
You can drop off documents to be notarized and pick up notarized documents on a walk-in basis or mail required documents to the Office of the Registrar.
Drop Off/Pick Up
If someone other than you will be dropping off and/or picking up required documentation, please complete the Notarization Request/Release Form.
If you prefer to mail your request, please include the following:
- A letter addressed to the Office of the Registrar stating all directions for the notary and necessary forwarding information.
- A prepaid envelope so the document can be returned to you or forwarded to the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- If the document is forwarded to the Secretary of the Commonwealth, include the following:
- A letter addressed to the Secretary of the Commonwealth requesting the Apostille and including all instructions and necessary forwarding information.
- A second prepaid envelope for requested mailing and a check to cover their fee.