Documents may be notarized on a walk-basis for students, faculty, staff, and alumni based on the availability of the notary.
The Office of the Registrar will notarize the following documents in preparation for the Apostille stamp.
You must bring in or mail your diploma to the Office of the Registrar. If your original copy has been lost or destroyed, you can request a replacement diploma for a fee.
To request official transcripts to be notarized, please complete the Notarization Request/Release Form and upload as an attachment when making your transcript request.
Note: This service is not available for electronic transcript requests.
To request that an enrollment or degree verification be notarized, please email email@example.com with your name and NUID number, along with a Notarization Request/Release Form.
You can drop off documents to be notarized and pick up notarized documents on a walk-in basis or mail required documents to the Office of the Registrar.
Drop Off/Pick Up
If someone other than you will be dropping off and/or picking up required documentation, please complete the Notarization Request/Release Form.
If you prefer to mail your request, please include the following:
- A letter addressed to the Office of the Registrar stating all directions for the notary and necessary forwarding information.
- A prepaid envelope so the document can be returned to you or forwarded to the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- If the document is forwarded to the Secretary of the Commonwealth, include the following:
- A letter addressed to the Secretary of the Commonwealth requesting the Apostille and including all instructions and necessary forwarding information.
- A second prepaid envelope for requested mailing and a check to cover their fee.