The terms grade-point average (GPA) and quality-point average (QPA) are used interchangeably.
1. Current students print the unofficial transcript from the student portal (mynortheastern.edu).
2. Cross out courses in which you received S, U, X, I, L, or W grades. Also, cross out courses with an E in the R column. These do not calculate into your QPA.
3. Write the numerical equivalent of the grade beside it on the transcript:
4. Multiply the hours of each course by the numerical equivalent of the letter grade. This is the quality-point number for the course.
5. Add all valid quality-point numbers.
6. Add all hours taken at Northeastern—do not include transfer credit hours.
7. Divide total quality points by total hours taken at Northeastern.
8. Result is your GPA or QPA.
Earned Hours Calculation
- Print your unofficial transcript.
- Cross out courses in which you received F, U, X, I, L, or W grades. Also, cross out courses with an E in the R column. These do not calculate into your earned hours toward your degree.
- Add the total hours to any transfer credit awarded. This total represents your earned hours toward your degree.